








Dad's art








Over labor day my mom and I got the chance to dig up a box of old art work dad and mom did way back in the day. As I looked through the pieces I realized the dates were drastically different between the two of them. Thus finding another snippet of my mom and dad's story. Believe it or not neither of these two knew the other did art at the time these were done. In fact, my dad started doing these before he ever met my mom. My mom studied chinese painting 8 years and on the side her teacher also taught charcoal portrait drawing. My dad, in between odd jobs here and there, took the time to take some art classes on the side. Mom and dad are polar opposites personality wise yet they both shared the same affinity towards art. They never did art together nor did I ever see them discuss it. In fact I don't think I knew about this till much later when this box of drawings were finally shown to me. All I knew was mom would sometime do little fashion doodles on scraps of paper and my dad always had an opinion on what I was drawing. He turned a beautiful doodle of mine back when I was 7 or so of a unicorn with flowers into a scary angry stallion too. I can appreciate it now but at the time he basically ruined my piece. The curious case of mom and dad. Art was just something they happened to do. But from seeing them together how did they both taking such a similar path for a brief time in their lives?

1 comment:
Your mom and dad are meant for each other. I heard bits and pieces from your mom that your dad was into art illustrations but never had a chance to view his artwork. Thank you for giving me this opportunity to view your dad's art pieces here. It's the wisdom of yin-n-yang when your dad jotted "a unicorn with flowers into a scary angry stallion".
Post a Comment