
For the last 5 days I've been attending Bill Perkin's Color Boot Camp Workshop
The regiment includes:
1.painting almost nonstop from 9-6 finished off with a slideshow of artist who kick our asses to the next century
2.driving home with muscles aching,brain whirling with color theory
3.waking up still aching to paint another day.
What a workout.
Just when I had finally started to get the hang of things it's all over.
Bill is an excellent teacher: bubbling with enthusiasm from beginning to end, feeding us generous portions of color theory, and attentive to each of us as individuals.
This experience has given me a renewed understanding of how much could be done in just a matter of days.
A funny thing Bill told us: when you paint a color think of how beautiful this color is going to be. As silly as it sounds it actually works.





On top of all the wonderfulness that was this class, I got to listen to a lecture by Dan McCaw, about his life,his art, and the wisdom he could provide for us as artist.
This is not the exact lecture but it covers some of his quotes:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyo7BBtfcRY
I want to draw my purple tree and give my 300lb gorilla a good working out so he can become a more managable 30 lb monkey. *The gorilla is a metaphor for the frustration we too often let get the better of us and the monkey being a more producive way to use our frustration.*

1 comment:
True Dat
I definitely want to do it again!
Post a Comment